The mission of SHR is to continue to “preserve and enhance our lakeside village,” and foster a positive experience for all residents, visitors, and businesses.
- Incorporated as a for profit corporation in 1991 to “preserve and enhance our lakeside village.”
- Motivated by the threat of private development, the “Founding Four” began what would become an enormous undertaking
- Shares of stock sold to raise funds for purchase of properties (1992 and 1995)
- Over 1000 individuals and businesses hold over 6000 shares of stock
- A volunteer Board of Directors guides SHR and one part-time staff member manages day-to-day operations.
- Today the source of income comes from our commercial , residential, and boat slip tenants along with direct contributions and brick walkway projects.
- The Summer Music Series on Flanders Stage is underwritten by SHR, and generous sponsors.